If you’ve recently switched from an iPhone to a Mac, you may be wondering how you can sync your music from your Mac to your new device. Here’s a quick guide on how to do just that!
Checkout this video:
Synchronizing music from your Mac to your iPhone can be done in a few different ways. One way is to use iCloud, which will allow you to access your music from any device that is signed in to your iCloud account. Another way is to use iTunes, which will require you to connect your iPhone to your computer and sync the two devices.
What you need
Before you begin, update your Mac to the latest version of macOS and your iPhone to the latest version of iOS. Check that you have a USB cable that is compatible with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you’re using an iOS device with Lightning connector, you can use Apple’s Lightning Digital AV Adapter and an HDMI cable to connect your device to a TV as well.
Setting up iTunes
Before you can sync your music, you need to set up iTunes on your computer.
To do this, you need to:
1. Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Click on the device icon in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window.
3. Click on the “Summary” tab.
4. Under the “Options” section, check the box next to “Manually manage music and videos.”
5. Click on the “Apply” button.
6. Once you have done this, you can start syncing your music from Mac to iPhone!
Connecting your iPhone
Before you can sync your music, you need to connect your iPhone to your Mac. There are two ways to do this: using a USB cable or Wi-Fi.
To connect using a USB cable:
1. Plug one end of a Lightning to USB Cable into the Lightning port on the bottom of your iPhone.
2. Plug the other end of the cable into one of the USB ports on your Mac.
3. If you see a message on your iPhone asking if you trust this computer, tap Trust or Allow.
To connect using Wi-Fi:
1. Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on both on your Mac and your iPhone.
2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > iTunes Wireless Sync and make sure that Wireless Sync is turned on.
3. Open iTunes on your Mac and click the Devices button in the top left corner of the iTunes window. Choose your iPhone from the list that appears.
Selecting your music
Before you can start syncing your music, you need to decide what you want to sync. You can sync your entire music library, selected artists, albums, and genres, or specific playlists.
To sync your entire music library:
1. Open iTunes on your Mac.
2. Connect your iPhone to your Mac using a USB cable.
3. Click the iPhone button in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window.
4. Click Summary in the sidebar on the left.
5. Select “Sync Music.”
6. Click “Sync.”
Syncing your music
Assuming you have already transferred your music files from your Mac to your iPhone, you can follow these steps to sync the music:
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac using the USB cable that came with your phone.
2. Open iTunes on your Mac.
3. Select your iPhone in the Devices section of iTunes.
4. Click the Summary tab and select “Sync with this [device].”
5. Click the Music tab and select the option to “Sync music.”
6. Choose whether you want to sync all of your music or selected playlists, artists, and genres.
7. Click Apply or Sync in the bottom-right corner of iTunes.
Checking for errors
Before you start, it’s a good idea to check for errors. To do this, open iTunes and go to the “File” menu. Then select “Library” and “Show Duplicate Items.” This will show you any files that are in your library more than once. You can delete these duplicates if you want, but it’s not necessary.
Next, go to the “Advanced” menu and select “Consolidate Library.” This will make sure all of your files are in the iTunes Media folder.
iTunes is the default application for managing music on a Mac computer. If you have an iPhone, you can sync your music library from iTunes to your phone using a USB cable. This process is relatively simple and only takes a few minutes.
How to Sync Music from Mac to iPhone – If you’re a music lover, you probably have a collection of songs on your computer that you’d like to take with you on your iPhone. Here’s how to sync music from your Mac to your iPhone.
Q: How do I sync music from my Mac to my iPhone?
A: To sync music from your Mac to your iPhone, you’ll need to use iTunes. Once you have iTunes open, connect your iPhone to your computer using a Lightning cable. Once your device appears in iTunes, click on the “Music” tab in the sidebar and check the “Sync Music” box. You can then choose to sync your entire music library or selected playlists, artists, and genres. Once you’ve made your selections, click the “Sync” button at the bottom of the screen.